Saturday, August 24, 2013

Birdcage Decor

I'm trying to decorate my house but I don't want to spend alot of money doing this so I want to try to use what I already have and I want to revamped items I have around the house to make them snazzy looking. 

I've had this off-white birdcage that I bought at a local antique store that I love.  It's not antique but just made to look shabby-chic looking. I've had it for the longest time and it just was sitting in my dining room looking ok but not great looking.  I couldn't figure out what to put in it so it just sat there. 

I saw in Pinterest a pic of twigs with tiny white pom poms that reminded me of dandelions.  I lopped off some twigs from my front yard tree and glued on the pom poms on the tip of the twigs. 

 



I placed a birds nest and 2 blue love birds that I got at a store in Green Mountain, North Carolina.  I was planning to use them to put in my Christmas tree one day but never got around to doing that.  Then I placed the twigs all around inside the cage.





I'm so happy how it turned out!!  I think the birdcage is so much prettier with the twigs in them along with the lovebirds in the nest.  It has a French country feel to it which I really, really like.  Very pleased with the results and it cost next to nothing enhancing the birdcage which is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment