Monday, May 27, 2013

Beginnings

Lately, I had been thinking about starting a blog to log in the things I'm interested in doing like my craft and sewing projects, my vintage sewing pattern collection, what I'm reading,  and whatever else I'm into lately.  I thought it would be fun to see all that in one place because I always enjoy reading other people's blogs on things that interests me.  I admire those people who've kept up their blog over the years but on the other hand, I think it must be alot of work to do that so I've never been able to get going with my own blog.  However, I started to think maybe I can attempt to do it if I keep things simple and not really go crazy with this.  It might be fun to do and anyways, I don't think I would probably get alot of people looking at this thing.  I haven't even told anyone except my husband about this blog because right now, I'm just doing this for me.

Also, I need something else to occupy and consume some of my time because work life has gotten so hectic and stressful.  Usually, new hobbies normally make me feel better because I don't have to think about whats going on at work.  I work for a consulting firm that is virtually paperless and that allows me to work from home most of the time.  For the most part, it is a wonderful job, and I'm very satisfied with my career but it is stressful and demanding at times.  Having a life outside of work is very important because work can be very consuming so if I'm not able to balance my work/life, it can be damaging to my mind and soul. 

So for this blog, I want to focus on my hobbies.  I'm forever learning how to sew my clothes.  I keep stopping because I keep getting frustrated with it and then later, I restart again.  Hopefully, I can continue to sew and keep learning until I'm a pro at it.  I'll probably focus on that for the most part but other things of interest will pop up here and there.  Ok then, let's do this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment