Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!


It's always exciting when the new year rolls around.  As if you feel like things are fresh and new.  A sense of optimism is in the air and new year resolutions are being declared that this year things are really going to happen.  You make resolves and promises to yourself that you will be this way and you will do that way.  So much hope and promises. 

I think that no matter what happens, the intentions are always good and in the right direction.  After all, isn't always good to look at the bright side of things and have goals for yourself.

This is year is no different for me.  I have the same goals as I did last year.  I always try as hard as a can and I hope that some habits would stick with me as a normal activity.  Eventually, it becomes a regular routine.  However, like most things, I start losing sight of my goals by February but this year I will try to harder (maybe I'll last until March).

My 2014 new years resolutions are the following:
  • I am going to sew more of my clothes and learn a new technique each time I sew.  This includes upcycling some clothes and doing crafts that involves sewing.  I will be happy to sew I outfit per month.
  • I am going to eat healthier and try to maintain my blood sugar at a healthy level.  I will test more and make sure I am more accountable to what I eat.  I will go to a nutritionist and try to understand what I should be eating.  I am currently 108 lbs but what kills me about this is that how much less should I be eating to maintain my blood sugar.  It's very aggrevating so I will probably need the help of a nutritionist to get the right balance.
  • I will exercise at least 20 minutues to an hour a day.
  • I will study to get the ERPA designation.  I have until July so I need to get started on that now.  I will study about 1 to 2 hours a day.
  • I will read more this year.  I will read about an hour a day.
  • I will learn to use my DSLR and take more pictures.  I will learn a new feature of my camera each week.
  • I will learn how to knit.  I will look for a class to do this.
As I think of other things I want to do, I will add on but for now that is it.

* * * * *

On another note, I removed the Google+ because it was driving me crazy.  I'm not really sure how this affected this blog but I haven't had a chance to look at the difference.  I just couldn't understand the whole thing and most importantly, it really didn't add any value to the blog as far as I can see.  It was just making me look like a bigger loser than I already was so it was removed.


No comments:

Post a Comment