Friday, September 6, 2013

Christmas in September

Since I have some extra leisure time, I decided to make some of my Christmas decor and gifts for my family now.  Always good to do this early because the holidays just creep up on you and all of the sudden, I find myself scrambling to get things done. 

This year, I would like to give some of my Xmas gifts early since some are Xmas decorations for my family.  That way, they can use them and put them up (if they like them that is). 

I mentioned earlier that I trimmed my tree and I'm still using the twigs on several craft projects.  For this, I decided to use the twigs which I cut in mini size log-like shape.  I sawed them off in different sizes.


Then I placed them on a wooden flat base which is just scrapped wood that I had lying around in my garage.  I decoupage scrapbook paper on top of the wood base.  Then glue gunned the log-like wood on the wood base...



...and shaped the logs in a shape of a Christmas tree.




Dr. Seuss Xmas Tree
 
Very easy! I'm making several of these to "gift" to my family and the cost was next to nothing! Super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment